Sunday 6 November 2016

What can I safely assume......

Here are some thoughts I have been having about running sessions with teachers. Conference sessions, training etc...

'What can I safely assume about my audience?'

  1. That they will have something to offer in return and will appreciate the opportunity to exchange.
  2. There will be people there with wildly different experiences from my own and each other.
  3. That some, many, maybe all will have at least seen/crossed paths with the key ideas the session is focussing on ...
  4. Someone will be frustrated with something I said or did. They will appreciate at least the acknowledgment of that.
  5. The list of things I can't assume is much longer......
And now, to think about what assumptions I can safely make about each of the classes of students that I will see on any given day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment